Scientific Data Curator (f/m)
Type of Employment: full time (40 h/week); start date: as soon as possible
Contract type: fixed term (2 years, potential to be extended)
Languages needed: English
Travel time: 20% (non Pandemic)
ITTM (Information Technology for Translational Medicine) S.A. is a young and dynamic start-up company which is specialised in data integration and knowledge management. ITTM offers solutions for improved data quality, data models (e.g. OMOP CDM), system integration & process optimization (incl. hosting of knowledge platforms like tranSMART, Atlas, Arachne or similar).
- Active and responsible contributor for projects on data curation, data management and governance activities
- Perform analysis and research to support and/or develop data dictionaries, common data model definitions, policies, programs, standards, guidelines and workflows
- Perform data scraping, cleansing, and data quality assessment
- Work with legacy and future technologies to map from old to new data structures and communicate effectively with technical and functional data stewards
- Experience in the curation of medical and biological data and knowledge of biological descriptive languages (SMBL, openBEL or BioPAX) is a strong advantage
- Good understanding of commonly used standard terminologies and ontologies in the biomedical and translational medicine domain (ICD-10, LOINC, SNOMED CT) is a strong advantage
- Experience working with common data models (i.e. CDISC and OMOP CDM) and data analytics tools & dashboards like R, Python, SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle and MSSQL), or Power BI is a strong asset
- Solid understanding of data management principles, data modeling, metadata managementand ability to understand and execute complex ETL activities
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, having excellent written and verbal communications skills and capable of communicating complex materials to co-workers and project partners
- Having strong interpersonal skills, quickly learn new concepts and software as required
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's preferred.
- Interesting and diverse working field in a young, international and dynamic SME in Luxembourg.
- Flexible working hours
- Your competitive salary will be based on your skills and experience
ITTM S.A. is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications (in english) will be treated in the strictest confidentiality and should contain the following documents: detailed curriculum vitae, cover letter, list of publications, description of past research experience and future interests, name and addresses of three referees.
Applicants are not eligible for travel reimbursement in connection to the selection process.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. Furthermore, it does not state or imply that these are the only duties/responsibilities to be performed by the employee.