Data Scientist (f/m/d)
ITTM (Information Technology for Translational Medicine) S.A. is a young and dynamic european company which is specialised in data integration and knowledge management. ITTM offers solutions for improved data quality, data models (e.g. OMOP-CDM), system integration & process optimization.
We are seeking to employ an enthusiastic data scientist to leading a role in our data curation team in close collaboration with our industry and clinical partners. We want you to play an active role in the advancement of data services for real-world data with many growth options.
- You will contribute active and responsible in projects on data curation, data management and governance activities.
- You will perform data scraping, cleansing, mapping, data quality assessment, and data analysis.
- You will be part of a dynamic and agile data science team and communicate effectively with technical and functional data stewards.
- Active and responsible contributor for data management and analysis projects.
- Support real-world data projects from mapping to OMOP-CDM, implementing ETL pipelines towards clinical studies.
- Develop work flows and processes, innovate on existing solutions and ITTM’s data management offerings
to identify new services..
- Write clear requirements and specifications to supoort our internal software development team.
Requirements and technical competencies:
- Good understanding of commonly used standard terminologies and ontologies in the biomedical and translational medicine domain (ICD-10, LOINC, SNOMED CT) is a strong advantage
- Experience working with common data models (i.e. CDISC and OMOP CDM) and data analytics tools & dashboards like R, Python, SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle and MSSQL), or ETL software tools is a strong asset
- Solid understanding of data management principles, data modeling, metadata management and ability to understand and execute complex ETL activities
- Experience in the curation of medical and biological data is a strong advantage
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, having excellent written and verbal communications skills and capable of communicating complex materials to co-workers and project partners
- Having strong interpersonal skills, quickly learn new concepts and software as required
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
- Master’s degree required (PhD is preferred) in a scientific or technological discipline related to data science, bioinformatics or medical informatics.
- ITTM is involved in exciting international projects and offers an Interesting and diverse work environment in a young, international (multilangual) and dynamic SME in Luxembourg.
- Flexible working hours and a competitive salary which will be based on your skills and experience.
Location: Esch-sur-Alzette or remote
Type of Employment: full time (40 h/week); start date: as soon as possible
Contract type: fixed term (2 years, potential to be extended)
Languages needed: English
ITTM S.A. is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications (in english) will be treated in the strictest confidentiality and should contain the following documents: detailed curriculum vitae, cover letter, list of publications, description of past research experience and future interests, name and addresses of three referees.
In case the job description is interesting for you, please send your complete application (incl. salary proposal) via eMail to jobs|at|ittm-solutions.com. Please indicate clearly the position and reference.
Applicants are not eligible for travel reimbursement in connection to the selection process.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. Furthermore, it does not state or imply that these are the only duties/responsibilities to be performed by the employee.
27, Rue Henri Koch - House of BioHealth
+352 288 376 272